Hello, students, we are here with the most important daily current affairs and GK Updates 2017. Our expert prepares these updates for all aspirants from various newspaper sources like The Hindu, The Economic times, Business Today and all Government websites, who are looking for their dream government jobs. Make sure, you note down daily current affairs and GK question answer and quiz 2017 and regularly revise for exams like IBPS PO Clerk, SSC, Railways, UPSC, and other competitive exams.
- 0.1 Four Agreements Signed between India-Mauritius.
- 0.2 South-East Asia gets its first official Apple store.
- 0.3 Five bankers selected for IOC stake sale among Goldman, Citigroup.
- 0.4 $500 mn assistance announced by India to Mauritius.
- 0.5 Nagpur gets India first fleet of electric vehicles.
- 0.6 WGC: GST will help establish traceability of gold.
- 0.7 Mayawati accuses BJP of using Bhim Sena.
- 0.8 BJP rally turns violent in Kolkata.
- 0.9 Seven held for leaking SSC exam paper.
- 0.10 SC refuses urgent hearing on NEET petition.
- 1 Subscribe To Free Email Alerts
Four Agreements Signed between India-Mauritius.
- India announced a 5 million USD credit to Mauritius.
- India offered unconditional cooperation in the key area of maritime security in the Indian Ocean region.
- Indian will support Mauritius in other important sectors including skill development and human resource development.
- Countries inked four important agreements in the field of education, maritime security, marine science, and technology.
South-East Asia gets its first official Apple store.
- Opened its first Southeast Asia store in Singapore.
- In the city’s upmarket shopping district, located on the affluent Orchard Road.
- Is expected to be one of the most popular Apple stores in the world according to the US tech giant.
- Merchandise such as the iPhone and MacBook were strategically placed on display across the spacious first floor, while the upper level acted as a classroom for customers to participate in hands-on sessions.
Five bankers selected for IOC stake sale among Goldman, Citigroup.
- The government has selected five merchant bankers, including Goldman Sachs and Citigroup.
- To manage the government’s 3 per cent stake sale in IOC (Indian Oil Corporation).
- The other bankers who have been selected by the Department of Investment and Public Asset Management (DIPAM) for managing the stake sale are Deutsche Equities, SBI Capital Markets, and ICICI Securities.
- Ten merchant bankers had made presentations before the DIPAM yesterday, out of which five were selected.
$500 mn assistance announced by India to Mauritius.
- Two countries resolved to deepen ties in a range of areas including the maritime domain.
- The two nations also signed a maritime security agreement after extensive talks.
- Modi stated he and Jugnauth agreed that effective management of conventional and non-conventional threats in the Indian Ocean is essential to pursue economic opportunities.
Nagpur gets India first fleet of electric vehicles.
- The Orange City (Nagpur) has become India’s first city to have electric mass mobility system.
- It will have a fleet of 200 electric vehicles including taxis, buses, e-rickshaw and autorickshaws.
- All of which will be fully owned by cab aggregator Ola.
- India’s first multi-modal electric vehicle project inaugurated at the Nagpur Airport Complex.
WGC: GST will help establish traceability of gold.
- This is the best way to make purchases Transparent.
- It will get gold out of shadows of black money and establish traceability.
- There were major gains to be reaped from the rollout of reform measure like GST.
- As per a WGC report on the evolution and innovation of India’s gold market, income levels were the most significant long-term determinants of consumer gold demand.
Mayawati accuses BJP of using Bhim Sena.
- She distances herself from a fledgling outfit.
- Mayawati contended that the BSP has “no connection ” with any outfit called the Bhim Sena.
- She went on to allege that the Bhim Sena was a “product” of the Bharatiya Janta Party (BJP), which was providing it “shelter and patronage to destroy the social brotherhood in Uttar Pradesh.”
- It came after a state intelligence report on the Sharanpurr caste clashes stated that the BSP was providing tacit support to Bhim Sena.
BJP rally turns violent in Kolkata.
- Thousands of Bhartiya Janta Party (BJP) supporters clashed with police personnel out of which hundreds of BJP supporters were injured in the violence.
- Cadres destroy govt. Vehicles; party accuses police of colluding with Trinamool.
- Twenty-one police personnel were injured in the violence.
- The agitators put a police vehicle on fire and attacked several other government vehicles.
Seven held for leaking SSC exam paper.
- The Delhi Police Crime Branch have arrested seven people from Uttar Pradesh for allegedly leaking the question paper.
- It was going to conducted by the Staff Selection Commission (SSC) on April 30 and May 14.
- The police said more arrested are likely to be made and that an organized gang was behind the racket.
SC refuses urgent hearing on NEET petition.
- Madras HC granted interim stay on a publication of results.
- The High Court had also directed the Medical Council of India, the Director of Central Board of Secondary Education and the Union Health Ministry to respond to the allegations by June 7.
- The Madras High Court had granted interim stay on the publication of the NEET results based on the allegations that the question papers was not uniform.
- The petitioners had contended that there was the difference between the English and the Tamil papers.
GK QUESTION AND ANSWER FOR TODAYS DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS 2017
- Road Transport and Highway Minister: Nitin Gadkari.
- Maharashtra Chief Minister: Devendra Fadnavis.
- Orange City: Nagpur.
- Prime Minister of Mauritius: Pravind Kumar Jugnauth.
- Lalbazar Abhiyan: Abhiyan by BJP To Protest Against the Trinamool Governments.
- Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) Chief: Mayawati
- Managing Director (India World Gold Council): Somasundaram P.R
- Capital of Mauritius: Port Louis
- Currency of Mauritius: Mauritian Rupee
- Chairman of IOC(Indian Oil Corporation): Sanjiv Singh
These were some of the best and major daily current affairs and GK question answer and quiz 2017 which will surely help you get a seat in any government exams like UPSC, RRB, IBPS P, Clerk, SSC, Railways, and other government exams.
Do you have any doubts regarded Current topics or exam related issue? You can share your problems in the comment section below, and our experts would get back to you.
|| Related Links ||
- How to crack NICL AO Exam 2017
- SBI PO MAINS Admit card download link
- SSC CGL Updated notification
- RRB NTPC Cutoffs