Hello, students, we are here with the most important daily current affairs and GK Updates 2017. Our expert prepares these updates for all aspirants from various newspaper sources like The Hindu, The Economic times, Business Today and all Government websites, who are looking for their dream government jobs. Make sure; you note down daily current affairs and GK question…
- 1 ‘Star Mahotsav’ conducted by BoI.
- 2 New CEO of Prasar Bharati is Shashi Shekar Vempati.
- 3 Odisha to have first automatic coastal cautioning for disasters in India.
- 4 VidyaVeerta mission launched by Uttarakhand Governor.
- 5 IIT Kharagpur creates innovation for doctors to screen hospitalbound patients.
- 6 Ganeshan Neelakanta Iyer first Indian to be drafted in ITTF URC.
- 7 Report: India has 31% of world’s poor kids.
- 8 UN General Assembly chooses five nonPermanent UNSC Members.
‘Star Mahotsav’ conducted by BoI.
- Aim: To contact every customer at their doorstep for recovery of bad loans, disbursement of the retail loan, including housing and vehicle loan.
Also, it was in promotion of its products including debit/credit cards, PoS machines, etc.
New CEO of Prasar Bharati is Shashi Shekar Vempati.
- Shashi Shekar Vempati will be the first non-Indian Administrative Service (IAS) officer to head the general population broadcaster.
- He will be the first non-Indian Administrative Service (IAS) officer to head the general population broadcaster.
- Replaced: Rajeev Singh.
The official name of West Indies cricket changed to WINDIES.
- On its 91st anniversary, West Indies cricket re-branded themselves as Cricket West Indies from the former West Indies Cricket Board.
- The board also announced in a media release on their official website.
‘prompt corrective action’ initiated by RBI for Dena Bank.
- RBI initiated in view of high net non-performing assets and negative return on assets.
- A month ago (May 2017), the national bank had started PCA for IDBI Bank and UCO Bank.
- Prompt Corrective Action: It is the action which will not have any material impact on the performance of the bank.
Odisha to have first automatic coastal cautioning for disasters in India.
- First State in India to have developed an automated public address system.
- It can be activated along with its entire coast.
VidyaVeerta mission launched by Uttarakhand Governor.
- Launched on: 3 of June 2017.
- Launched by: Presenting Vice Chancellors of universities with the portraits of Param Vir Chakra recipients.
- Aim: To pass the message to every citizen of this country is responsible for the country’s safety.
IIT Kharagpur creates innovation for doctors to screen hospitalbound patients.
- Launched on: 2 of June 2017.
- Aim: For remote monitoring of patients.
- It can be fitted in an ambulance to guarantee remote
observing of the patient condition by the doctors.
Ganeshan Neelakanta Iyer first Indian to be drafted in ITTF URC.
- First Indian to be nominated as a member of the Umpires and Referees Committee (URC) by International Table Tennis Federation(ITTF).
- He will serve for a term of 2 years.
Report: India has 31% of world’s poor kids.
- As indicated by a new report by the Oxford Poverty and Human Development Initiative (OPHI) around 31% of the world’s “multidimensionally poor” kids live in India.
- The review depends on an overview directed among 103 nations.
- India ranked 37 among 103 countries.
UN General Assembly chooses five nonPermanent UNSC Members.
- UN General Assembly has chosen Cote DIvoire, Equatorial Guinea, Kuwait, Poland also, Peru as the nonpermanent individuals from the Security Council for a twoyear.
- It will start from 1 of January 2018.
- HQ of UN: New York.
- UN Charter signed: 26 June 1945.
GK QUESTION AND ANSWER FOR TODAYS DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS.
- Bank of India headquarters: Mumbai.
- CEO and MD of Bank of India: Dinabandhu Mohapatra.
- Prasar Bharati Board Chairman: A. Surya Prakash.
- Head office of Prasar Bharati: New Delhi.
- Odisha CM: Naveen Patnaik.
- Dena Bank Chairman and MD: Ashwani Kumar.
- Headquarter of Dena Bank: Mumbai.
- 2016 ICC Women’s World Twenty20 Winner: West Indies.
- 2016 ICC Twenty20 World Cup Winner: West Indies.
- Simlipal National Park: Odisha.
- Governor of Odisha: Senayangba Chubatoshi Jamir.
- Uttarakhand Governor: K K Paul.
- CM of Uttarakhand: Trivendra Singh Rawat.
- Technical Commissioner from Asia to the ITTF: Ganeshan Neelakanta.
- President of UN: Peter Thomson (Fiji).
These were some of the best and major daily current affairs and GK question answer and quiz 2017 which will surely help you get a seat in any government exams like UPSC, RRB, IBPS P, Clerk, SSC, Railways, and other government exams.
Do you have any doubts regarded Current topics or exam related issue? You can share your problems in the comment section below, and our experts would get back to you.