Hello, students, we are here with the most important daily current affairs update and GK Updates 2017. Our expert prepares these updates for all aspirants from various newspaper sources like The Hindu, The Economic times, Business Today and all Government websites, who are looking for their dream government jobs. Make sure; you note down daily current affairs and GK question…
- 1 Daily Current Affairs Update Questions Answers – 11th June 2017
Daily Current Affairs Update Questions Answers – 11th June 2017
- European Union Film Festival of 22nd edition begins.
- India’s first underwater Metro will launch in Kolkata.
- In Manipur, Jitendra Singh Announces Hill Area Development Programme.
- France grant, EU 3.5 mn euros to curb emissions in India.
- At Expo 2017 India Pavilion inaugurated by Indian Ambassador to Kazakhstan.
- For not complying verdict on steel duty, India drags the US to WTO.
- Punjab hosted Federation Cup National Senior Athletics Championships.
- Jelena Ostapenko beat Simona Halep to won French Open title 2017.
11th June 2017 Daily Current Affairs Update – National Affairs
European Union Film Festival of 22nd edition started.
- The 22nd Edition festival has opened at Siri Fort Auditorium with the screening of Estonian film Cherry Tobacco on 10th of June, 2017.
- It is being organised by the Embassies of EU Members and Delegation of the EU.
India’s first underwater Metro will launch in Kolkata.
- This Metro will pass through tunnels several feet under the Hooghly.
- Construction of tunnel is 30metres below the riverbed.
- Howrah and Sealdah are the two main terminals which are going to be connected to this project.
- The first tunnel of 16.6-kilometre length is ready.
In Manipur, Jitendra Singh Announces Hill Area Development Programme.
- Announced to address a meeting of Investors and Entrepreneurs.
- Aim: To bridge the gap between the hill and valley districts regarding infrastructure, quality of roads, health and education.
Today 11th June 2017 Current Affairs – International Affairs
France grant, EU 3.5 mn euros to curb emissions in India.
- Nagpur, Kochi and Ahmedabad – three Indian cities to which EU and France will give a grant of 3.5 million euros.
- Aim: To curb emissions and promote sustainability in these cities.
- To get benefits from the MYC initiative, India has become the first country.
- It will promote sustainability urban spaces and sustainable in urban transport.
At Expo 2017 India Pavilion inaugurated by Indian Ambassador to Kazakhstan.
- At Expo 2017 India Pavilion inaugurated by Harsh Kumar Jain (Indian Ambassador to Kazakhstan) at Astana, the capital city of Kazakhstan.
- Expo 2017 Theme: “Future Energy”.
- After Japan, South Korea and China now Kazakhstan become the fourth Asian country to host a world expo.
11th June 2017 Current Affairs – Business News
For not complying verdict on steel duty, India drags the US to WTO.
- World Trade Organisation (WTO) approached by India against the US for its high import duty on certain Indian steel imports.
- India has also requested WTO dispute consultations with the US to address US compliance with WTO ruling.
Today 11th June 2017 Current Affairs – Sports
Punjab hosted Federation Cup National Senior Athletics Championships.
- It was held from 1 – 4 June 2017 in Patiala, Punjab.
- It was organised by Athletics Federation of India (AFI) with support from Punjab Athletics Association and Sports Authority of India.
- For this year’s World Championships in London, Neeraj Chopra and Devender Singh, both have already qualified.
Jelena Ostapenko beat Simona Halep to won French Open title 2017.
- Beating Simona Halep by 4-6, 6-4, 6-3 Jelena Ostapenko won her first Grand Slam title.
- Latvian with this win became the youngest women’s champion at Roland Garros in 20 years.
GK NOTES FOR DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS UPDATE 2017
- Ambassador of European Union to India: Tomasz Kozlowski.
- Managing Director of Kolkata Metro Rail Corporation Ltd: Satish Kumar.
- The Union Minister for Development of North Eastern Region: DrJitendra Singh.
- The capital of Kazakhstan: Astana.
- The currency of Kazakhstan: Kazakhstani tenge.
- Simona Halep: She is a Romanian professional tennis player.
- French Open men’s doubles title 2017 won by: Michael Venus-Ryan Harrison.
These were some of the best and major daily current affairs and GK question answer and quiz 2017 which will surely help you get a seat in any government exams like UPSC, RRB, IBPS P, Clerk, SSC, Railways, and other government exams.
Do you have any doubts regarded Current topics or exam related issue? You can share your problems in the comment section below, and our experts would get back to you.
Three Things to Do :