Hello, students, we are here with the most important daily current affairs and GK Updates 2017. Our expert prepares these updates for all aspirants from various newspaper sources like The Hindu, The Economic times, Business Today and all Government websites, who are looking for their dream government jobs. Make sure, you note down daily current affairs and GK question…
- 0.1 India’s Longest Bridge Inaugurated By PM Modi in Assam.
- 0.2 Book Received by President on PM Modi’s “Mann Ki Batt”.
- 0.3 Mumbai is the second most crowded city in the world: WEF.
- 0.4 JE vaccination drive launched by Uttar Pradesh Govt. in 38 districts.
- 0.5 Samwad Sabha launched by Fadnavis to reach out to farmers.
- 0.6 North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) 2017 summit held in Belgium.
- 0.7 CBSE appointed Anurag Tripathy appointed as a secretary.
- 0.8 Jaideep Mazumdar appointed as the next Ambassador of India to the Philippines.
- 0.9 Punjab Former DGP KPS Gill passes away at 82.
- 1 Subscribe To Free Email Alerts
India’s Longest Bridge Inaugurated By PM Modi in Assam.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has introduced the nation’s longest bridge the Dhola Sadia Bridge in Assam.
- Mr Modi named the bridge after legendary singer Bhupen Hazarika.
- This three-lane, the 9.15-kilometre bridge has been built over the Brahmaputra river. It links Dhola to Sadia, both in Assam.
- The bridge will reduce the distance from Rupai on NH- 37 in Assam to Meka-Roing on NH-52 in Arunachal Pradesh by 165 KM. The travel time between the two places will come down from the current six hours to just one hour, a total five-hour reduction.
Book Received by President on PM Modi’s “Mann Ki Batt”.
- President Pranab Mukherjee has received the first copy of two books ‘Mann Ki Baat-A Social Revolution on Radio’ and ‘Marching with a Billion-Analysing Narendra Modi’s Government at Midterm’ at Rashtrapati Bhavan in New Delhi.
- The book Mann Ki Baat: A Social Revolution on Radio by Rajesh Jain is a compilation of Prime Minister Modi’s addresses to the nation on All India Radio every month under the program Mann Ki Baat.
- It contains a comprehensive, qualitative and academic analysis of program – the themes, the choice of topics, the salient features.
- The book Marching with a Billion- Analysing Narendra Modi’s Government at Mid-term written by eminent journalist Uday Mahurkar analyses the monumental changes that PM Narendra Modi has brought on multiple fronts as Prime Minister on India’s governance.
Google India head Rajan Anandan appointed IAMAI chairman.
- Google’s vice-president for South East Asia and India, Rajan Anandan has been appointed the new chairman of Internet and Mobile Association of India (IAMAI).
- He will take over from FreeCharge’s co-founder and chief executive officer Kunal Shah.
MakeMyTrip Chairman & Group CEO Deep Kalra has taken over as vice-chairman from music app Saavn co-founder and president Vinodh Bhat; Facebook’s managing director – India & South Asia, Umang Bedi has been elected as the new treasurer of the association, while Subho Ray continues to be the president.
- The tenure of the new Council is for two years.
Mumbai is the second most crowded city in the world: WEF.
- Two Indian cities — Mumbai and Kota — have been named among the world’s most crowded in a list topped by Dhaka, according to World Economic Forum (WEF) citing UN-Habitat data.
- Dhaka, the capital of Bangladesh, is the most crowded city on the planet, followed by India’s financial capital Mumbai.
- Kota in Rajasthan with 12,100 people per square kilometer was ranked seventh.
- Others in the list include Medellin in Columbia ranked third with 19,700 people per square kilometer, Manila, Philippines (4th, 14,800), Casablanca, Morocco (5th, 14,200), Lagos, Nigeria (6th, 13,300), Singapore (8th, 10,200) and Jakarta, Indonesia (9th, 9,600).
JE vaccination drive launched by Uttar Pradesh Govt. in 38 districts.
- In Uttar Pradesh, a massive immunization drive has been launched in 38 districts to eradicate Japanese Encephalitis (JE).
- Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath has launched the drive from Kushinagar district.
- The government also launched a toll-free number to get or provide any information about encephalitis. The number is 18001805544.
- Drive will be continued by June 11th, 2017.
- Launched by Maharashtra CM to reach out to farmers in the state and to address their issues.
- . It is a 4-day initiative to reduce the rising resentment among farmers.
North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) 2017 summit held in Belgium.
- NATO summit has started in Brussels Belgium on May 24 and 25, 2017.
- The top agenda of the meeting was terrorism.
- The main aim is to fight against Islamist terrorism.
- The 2018 NATO summit will be held in Istanbul, Turkey.
CBSE appointed Anurag Tripathy appointed as a secretary.
- Anurag Tripathy is a 1998 batch officer of Indian Railway Personnel Service (IRPS).
- It is appointed by the Department of Personnel and Training (DoPT).
- He will hold the post for a period of five years.
Jaideep Mazumdar appointed as the next Ambassador of India to the Philippines.
- Mazumdar is 1989 batch IFS officer.
- He is presently Joint Secretary in the Ministry of External Affairs.
- He is expected to take up the assignment shortly.
Punjab Former DGP KPS Gill passes away at 82.
- Died on 26 of May, 2017.
- KPS Gill was 82 years old.
- He received a Padma Shri award in 1989 for his work in the civil service.
GK NOTES FOR TODAYS DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS 2017
- India’s longest river bridge: DholaSadiya bridge.
- ‘Mann Ki Baat’ is a unique initiative of the Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi to reach the masses across the country through the Radio.
- PM Modi’s Mann Ki Baat program was first aired on October 03rd 2014.
- The Internet & Mobile Association of India (IAMAI) is a not-for-profit industry body registered under the Societies Act, 1896.
- World Economic Forum (WEF) was established in 1971.
- WEF is headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland.
- The Gateway of India is a monument built during the 20th century in Mumbai City of Maharashtra state in Western India.
- Ram Naik is Governor of Uttar Pradesh.
- Dudhwa National Park is a national park in Uttar Pradesh.
- Maharashtra Governor: C.Vidyasagar Rao.
- Chief Minister of Maharashtra: Devendra Fadnavis (BJP).
- NATO is formed on 4 April 1949.
- CBSE was formed on 3 November 1962.
- CBSE Chairman: Rakesh Kumar Chaturvedi.
- Philippines President: Rodrigo Duterte.
- The currency of Philippines – Peso.
- Philippines Capital – Manila.
These were some of the best and most important daily currents affairs and GK update 2017 which will surely help you get a seat in any government exams like UPSC, RRB, IBPS P, Clerk, SSC, Railways, and other government exams.
Do you have any doubts regarded Current topics or exam related issue? You can share your problems in the comment section below, and our experts would get back to you.